TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The placing of an order for advertising, leaflet distribution or print and design services with Local Area Ltd - Wokingham Local (hereinafter referred to as “The Publisher”), whether in writing, by telephone, verbally in person or by email, will be deemed to be an acceptance of these Terms & Conditions by the person or company doing so (hereinafter known as “the Client”). They are provided to give all our Clients full clarity to manage expectations and confirm our levels of service and commitment.
1. You or Your company (the Client) must provide products or services to residents and/or businesses within the distribution area of the relevant magazine published by Local Area Ltd.
2. All adverts are accepted by the Publisher on the understanding that they are copyright free. This includes any images, logos, photos, trade logos, clipart or any other content that is used in the advert. It is the Client’s responsibility to acquire any necessary permission for the use of any images, logos, photos, trade logos, clipart or any other content that is used in their advert/editorial/article/any other content.
3. Adverts are accepted on the understanding that descriptions of goods and services are fair and accurate. The Publisher does not accept responsibility for views expressed by contributors, or for the accuracy of claims made or works carried out by any Client.
4. The Publisher reserves the right to refuse/edit advertisements at its discretion. It reserves the right not to accept advertisements which may be considered defamatory or offensive or which promote products or services that may be considered indecent or inappropriate. The Editor, Jacqueline Priestley, will be given the right to make the final decision.
5. If a Client is supplying their own copy, advertisements should be presented in PDF JPG or PNG formats where ever possible. Copy can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Any logos/images/photos supplied must be at a minimum of 300dpi. No responsibility can be taken for the print quality of any image/logo/photo supplied at a lower resolution. Colours should be made up in CMYK format. If it is sent in any other format, we do not take responsibility for any colour distortion which may occur.
7. Any artwork supplied by the Client will be inserted into the magazines as supplied and will be assumed not to require copy approval. These files should be supplied at a minimum of 300dpi. No responsibility can be taken for the print quality of any advert supplied at a lower resolution. These files may be re-sized to fit the appropriate space.
8. If you have requested that your advert/editorial be written/designed by the Publisher, it is your responsibility to ensure that the correct information is passed on to the Publisher about your business and again, by the advised booking/copy deadline date. Whilst every care will be taken to ensure accuracy, The Publisher cannot accept responsibility for loss, damage or omission caused by error in the printing of an advert or other information. It is the Client’s responsibility to request copy approval prior to copy deadline date if they wish to check the advert before it goes to print. No responsibility will be taken by the Publisher for any errors subsequently identified (ie after copy approval).
9. If the Client has booked advertising in advance of time and wishes to change their advert in subsequent issues, it is their responsibility to ensure that any new advert or change in information reaches the Publisher before the relevant booking/copy deadline date. The magazine goes to print at exactly 12pm on the copy deadline date. Otherwise, the previous advert will be re-inserted and no refund will be given.
10. Any advert/editorial/article/design which the Publisher has created may not be used in any other publication or advertising medium (eg website) without the prior written approval of the Publisher.
11. We retain copyright of all artwork designed by us until all invoices have been settled in full.
12. The positioning of advertisements is at the discretion of the Publisher, except where a specifically requested placement has been agreed or paid for in the case of a named premium position, ie outside back cover.
13. The placing of magazines at collection points over and above through-the-door deliveries is offered on a purely complimentary basis and is not guaranteed.
14. The Publisher gives no guarantee of the level of response to adverts/editorial/articles etc and is unable to offer a refund if no response is received. The Publisher shall not be liable for any costs or damages if, for any reason, the advertisement is not published.
15. The distribution area and timing of distribution of the magazines may vary at the discretion of the Publisher.
16. Once an advertising package has been confirmed, either by a Client signing and returning the order confirmation form or by confirmation telephone call, e-mail or letter, an invoice will be produced. If any such booked advertising is subsequently cancelled, no refund will be given. Similarly, once an agreement to advertise in the next issue has been given by any one of the above methods, if the copy does not arrive in time for publication, the full cost of the advertisement will still be due as the space for that advert will have been reserved specifically in the layout of the magazine for that Client.
17. All invoices are payable within 7 days of the date stated on the invoice or by the booking/copy deadline date, whichever is sooner, or as stated on the order confirmation form. In no circumstances shall the Client be entitled to make any deduction or withhold payment for any reason. Payment must be made by bank transfer.
18. Without prejudice to any other rights of the Publisher, if the Client fails to pay the invoice and the period is more than 21 days from the payment due date on the invoice, the Client shall not be allowed any discount given in that invoice or in any other way agreed, and shall pay interest on any overdue amount from the date on which payment was due, to the date of actual payment (whether before or after judgment) on a daily basis at a rate of 4% p.a. over the base rate and shall reimburse to the Publisher all costs and expenses (including legal costs) incurred in the collection of any overdue amount.
19. Clients who pay for their advert by ongoing regular payment method are advised that their advert will be printed in the magazine until such time as they notify the Publisher that they wish to cancel. It is the Client’s responsibility to inform the Publisher if they wish to stop running their advert and such notification must be received by the copy deadline date prior to printing.
20. All quotes and charges are exclusive of VAT, which is added at the current rate.
VAT reg no - 417 1334 24
We reserve the right to pass outstanding invoices to an appointed debt recovery service. We would prefer that you did not book any advertising at all, unless you are intending to pay for it within the spirit and time scale of any agreement.